We have all been working to address the ever-changing threats of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ramsey Industries’ (Auto Crane, Eskridge, & Ramsey Winch) dedication and service to the safety, health and well-being of our team and the communities they serve remain strong. As you know, various states and municipalities have required certain business operations cease to the extent not deemed “essential services”. In these unprecedented times, the U.S. government (and others) continue to classify operations such as ours as essential activity for critical infrastructure and support for those infrastructure processes, materials, and components. Customers and partners of our three brands use our products to support and execute vital services in mining commodities and extract of fuels to energy providers; municipality support through maintenance and repair; rails and ships; and other vital aspects that keep our country strong and competitive.
Ramsey Industries has taken numerous steps to assure the safety and wellness of our team while also preserving the capability to remain open for business and provide products and services that are essential for you, our nation, and globally. We have already implemented the appropriate precautions to limit exposure and exercise the social distancing practices required to combat this virus. Some key areas of concern for you may be but not limited to:
- On March 16, 2020 we restricted our team from travel until further notice. Exceptions considered in critical situations and complying with recommended CDC PPE and hygiene precautions.
• We are utilizing technology to stay connected (email, text, phone, and video conference technologies).
• We are available ready and able to serve!
- On March 16, 2020 we restricted visitors from coming inside our facilities until further notice. Limited exceptions are made on case by case basis with additional screening.
- We have educated our workforce on all the recommended good hygiene habits and provided additional sanitizer, touchless dispensers(soap, sanitizer, towels, faucets) throughout our facilities and enforcing proper implementation.
- We have adjusted breaks, lunches, meetings, work-spacing, etc. to meet or exceed the social distancing requirements as provided by the CDC.
- We have implemented remote working as well as having appropriate personnel working from our facilities.
We are reviewing our status daily with our Response Team and will continue to update you as things occur. Ramsey Industries has faced and overcome many challenges in our 75+ year history. Our dedicated employees, leadership, and partners around the world will continue to do our best to serve our customers and the needs of our global community during these challenging times.
To all our employees who are doing the work to keep our co-workers and facilities safe, continuing your work to help our customers, support communities by maintaining production and distribution for essential infrastructure, transportation, energy and other needs around the world, we appreciate and thank you for helping us navigate through these challenging times that we will overcome!!
For more information about Essential Services, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidance-essential-critical-infrastructure-workforce) defines “essential services” to include “essential services necessary to maintain… essential operations of ..other essential businesses.” Our research of other states executive orders (CA, OK, and IL as examples) are consistent with these requirements.